RTL Plumbing are proud to support the Wesley Mission Queensland Red Bag Appeal for the 2018 Christmas season.
About Wesley Mission Queensland
Wesley Mission Queensland has been providing support and care for the Queensland community for over 100 years! Supporting more than 100,000 people per year including youth and families, people living with a disability, the unemployed, isolated and mentally ill. Wesley Mission Queensland support people experiencing disadvantage who have nowhere else to turn and families of children with life-limiting conditions.
What the Red Bag Appeal is
For thousands of families and individuals across Queensland, Christmas will pass unremarked and uncelebrated. After paying for rent and basic utilities, many families are barely getting by, with nothing left over for a Christmas meal. Something that many of us might even take for granted.
Every year in the lead up to Christmas, Wesley Mission Queensland collects non-perishable food items and Christmas treats to deliver over 6,000 Red Bags full of cheer to families facing homelessness and isolation. This year, Wesley Mission Queensland are filling 7,000 Red Bags.
You will be providing a Christmas celebration in a bag to families, children and individuals who would otherwise miss out on the joy of Christmas.
Why RTL Plumbing are helping Wesley Mission Queensland
Wesley Mission Queensland are RTL’s Charity of the year for 2018! As well as being a long standing client of ours, we have also been a long standing supporter of all that Wesley Mission Queensland does for Queenslanders.
This year, RTL Plumbing have:
- Supported Wesley Mission Queensland for Bridge To Brisbane by donating over $1,780
- RTL Plumbing were ‘Wesley Warriors’ and sponsored the Wesley Mission Bridge to Brisbane T-Shirts.
- Are proud to be official Red Bag Sponsors for the 2018 Red Bag Appeal
- Have made a commitment to fill 25 bags for the Red Bag Appeal (for 25 families in need)
- Supporting Wesley Mission Queensland by partaking in Christmas Wrapping events in the lead up to Christmas
- Red Table Sponsor at the 2018 Red Gala
We would love you to assist in our support with Wesley Mission Queensland and the Red Bag Appeal!
How YOU can help. We have made a commitment to fill 25 Red Bags for Wesley Mission Queensland and we would love for you to help us fill them for those in need this Christmas! Each family gets a bag each, so we are helping 25 families enjoy Christmas. There are two ways in which you can help us and Wesley Mission Queensland.
Donate items at our office – If you’d like to donate a couple of items, we welcome you to pop into the RTL Plumbing Office at 49 Michael St, Bulimba. Monday – Friday between 8:00am – 4:30pm
We collect from your office – We’ll be doing round robin drop-ins throughout November and the first 3 weeks of December and would love to say hello and thank-you.
So we can coordinate, please contact Kat Gibbs on firstname.lastname@example.org | 0431 367 494
Shopping list ideas – items you can gift for the Red Bag Appeal:
- Tinned meats (ham, salmon, tuna, chicken) and fruits
- Non-perishable tinned items
- Tea and coffee
- Toiletries (male and female)
- Savoury items (Pretzels, Pringles, Jatz, pickled vegetables, mixed nuts)
- Christmas Cake
- Long life dairy such as long life milk
- Soft drinks and cordials
- Christmas Decorations
For more information, please contact Kat Gibbs on email@example.com | 0431 367 494