Australia’s Largest Mental Health Walk – Walk For Awareness – occured in Brisbane on the 8th of October, and the RTL Team were there to enjoy the day.
This is an opportunity for the community to come together to support each other. As well as to break the silence on mental illness and to contribute to the funding of programs that are making a difference. Particularly focusing on those programs that contribute to the front line of mental health! The day is organised by The Mental Awareness Foundation annualy. They aim to support charities that are working directly with communities who are implementing strategies to raise awareness of depression and mental illness, while supporting the preservation of life.
RTL Plumbing has an aim of raising $1500 and is extremely close. So if you would like to contribute to such an amazing cause, please click on the image above, to go to our fundraising page!
We are incredibly passionate about Mental Health and the importance of this in our community. Especially because:
– On average, around 1 in 6 women and 1 in 8 men will experience some level of depression – and only 35% of Australians with anxiety and depression access treatment
– Construction workers are more than twice as likely to suicide as other people in Australia
Thank you to everyone who joined us and/or donated to our fundraising efforts! We had a great time!
For more information on RTLs contribution to our community see below:
- RTL Attends Trivia for ACT for kids!
- RTL Plumbing helps those in need after vauatu cyclone
- Some of the RTL Team head to Gallipoli