RTL Plumbing respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information that you provide to us. We aim to ensure that any information of a personal nature which is collected and stored by us is handled in an appropriate manner and meets all legal requirements contained within the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), incorporated in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 which came into effect from 12th March 2014.
1. Personal Information. You have complete control over your personal information. In general, you can visit our web site without providing us with any personal information. However, there are instances where we must have your personal information in order for us to grant you an access to our protected and secured sites. This information may include registration data (your name, address, email address, phone number, title, etc.), information request data and response data (“User Information”). When you receive your confirmation email or when you receive any email from the list server, you will be given instructions on how to remove yourself from the list.
2. Use of User Information. We intend to use such information for purposes of supporting your and your employers relationship with RTL Plumbing by designing a web site content that is suitable to your needs and alerting you to new product and service offerings as they become available. This User Information may be retained by RTL Plumbing to verify compliance with the agreement between RTL Plumbing and your employer, to keep track of the domains from which people visit us, to create a user profile to better serve you and your employer, or to simply contact you either electronically or otherwise. If you decide that we should not use your personal User Information to contact you, please let us know and we will not use that information for such purpose. However, please do not submit any User Information if you are less than 18 years of age.
3. Disclosure of User Information. RTL Plumbing does not sell, trade or transfer User Information to third parties. However, we may share User Information with our PARTNERS for marketing, advertising or product/service offering purposes. For example, we provide User Information to our PARTNERS for direct emailing of our newsletters, online surveys or notifications on RTL Plumbing Offerings to our viewers. Whilst we do not actually send information overseas, we do have overseas staff that can access some of our kept information from our databases. These staff members have all been inducted using our Australian induction package and they are bound by those policies in it. They cannot extract such data and use or disclose to any other parties. We also disclose User Information if: we have your consent; we need to share it in order to provide you with the products and/or services you requested; we respond to a court order or you violate our Terms & Conditions. You may separately agree to provide your personal information to third parties that provide content for RTL Plumbing Offerings, in order to access and/or use their products and/or services. If you agree to provide such information to these third parties, then your personal information will be subject to their privacy policies. You always have the option on each/any of our direct marketing communications to you, to Opt Out of any further communications of the same.
4. Accuracy and Security. The accuracy and security of the User Information is important to RTL Plumbing. Currently, you may review and request updates to your User Information retained by contacting RTL Plumbing. If you contact us to correct your User Information, we will attempt to correct such inaccuracies in a timely manner. RTL Plumbing is concerned with the security of your User Information and is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect it from unauthorised access and use of that personal information. To that end, we put in place the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial policies and procedures to secure your personal User Information. We also continue to implement procedures to maintain accurate, complete and current User Information.
6. External Links. RTL Plumbing web site provides links to other third party web sites. Even if the third party is affiliated with RTL Plumbing through a business partnership or otherwise, RTL Plumbing is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such external links. These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only and you access them at your own risk.
8. General. If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, please contact RTL Plumbing via our Contact Us page.
9. Complaints Procedure. If an individual cannot satisfactorily resolve a complaint with us, he or she can refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner for investigation in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act.